Myntra is now India one of the biggest fashion e-commerce companies which was started back in 2007 in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. In their initial days, they worked as a customized gift seller. Myntra was started by Mukesh Bansal along with Vineet Saxena and Ashutosh Lawania.
From 2007-2010, Myntra only made customized gifts like T-shirts, mugs, and others. In 2014, it was acquired by Flipkart with a worth of 2000 crore. After 2011, Myntra has stopped selling customized products, and from there they started their Fashion And Lifestyle journey. At that time they have launched Fastrack and Being Human with 350 Indian and International brands.
From starting, being under Flipkart still Myntra made itself a standalone brand. Their primary focus is always fashion-consuming consumers. In 2014, they have 1000+ brands with distribution across 9000 pin codes pan India.
In May 2015, after getting their new Chief Executive Officer Ananth Narayan, they stopped their website and made a mobile app. The reason they gave is that most of the traffic on the website comes from mobile. But this results in a 10% decline in sales, so that’s why they have decided to revive the website again in 2016.
Recently in January 2021, a woman filed against them, because according to her the logo looks like a naked woman. That time they have to modify their logo.
Features Of Mobile App
When you first open the app, you will land on the home page. On the top left side of the screen you can see a menu option from there you can explore all categories. The menu bar also contains your order details, FAQs and their contact details for any query.
On the top right side of the screen, you have 4 icons- (from left to right) first one is a search bar, notification bell icon for all the recent updates of sales and trends, wishlist( heart-shaped) to add your desired product for future buy, then the last icon is shopping bag from there you can buy your desired products.
The bottom of the screen has 5 icons- Home, Categories, Studio, Explore and Profile.
They have wisely distributed each section, which made the search easy for the consumers. Myntra has around 13 categories and these categories also have their own sub-category. The categories were designed according to gender requirements and also they have some special categories. The category includes Women, Men, Kids, Beauty & Personal Care, Home & Living, Gadgets, Plus-size, Theme Stores, Stylecast, Myntra Luxe, Myntra Mall and Pet Essentials.
1. Women: There you get all women apparel from clothing, bagging and personal care. In clothing ranges varying western wear to Indian wear for all age groups. In Western wear you can finds dresses, tops, t-shirts, shirts, jeans, jeggings, trousers, skirts, shorts, sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets, coats, shrugs, blazers and, waistcoats.
The Ethnic and Fusion wear have Kurta & Kurta Sets, Sarees & Blouses, Ethnic Dresses, Kurtis, tunics & tops, palazzos, trousers, lehenga cholis, dress materials, ethnic bottom wear, ethnic skirts, Dupattas & Shawls, jackets & Waistcoats.
Footwear range has Flats & Casual Shoes, Heels, Sports Shoes, Flip flops, Boots and Sports Scandals. The Lingerie has Bras & Lingerie sets, panties, shapewear, swimwear, socks, camisoles, stockings, thermals and Lingerie accessories. Then comes bags, handbags, wallets, clutches, laptop bags.
Jewellery sections fashion jewellery and fine jewellery and also other accessories section have sunglasses & Frames, scarves & stoles, caps & hats, hair accessories, belt, travel accessories, gloves, accessory gift sets, travel accessories and phone accessories.
Beauty & Personal Care has makeup, skincare, bath, haircare, fragrances, appliances, beauty store & premium beauty. The sports and activewear section has sports apparel, sports shoes, sports sandals, sports accessories. Watches and smart wearables are also available. They also have the Myntra Stylecast section where you get all the trendy products of famous brands.
2. Men: The Men’s category has almost the same type section as of women such as Topwear which includes T-shirts, casual shirts, formal shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, sweaters, blazers & suits, coats and clothing fabric. Then they have Footwear section has sneakers, casual shoes, sports shoes, formal shoes, sandals, sports sandals, flip flops and customizable shoes section.
The Bottomwear section has Jeans, Chinos & Causal trousers, Formal trousers, shorts, track pants, and Joggers. The watch gallery has casual & formal watches, smartwatches and Fitness Bands. Other Accessories section has Belts, Sunglasses & Frames, Ties, Cufflinks, Men’s Jewellery, Caps & Hats, Scarves & Mufflers, Gloves, Travel & Phone accessories.
Sports & Activewear Section has Sports shoes, sports apparel, sports sandals, and equipment. The innerwear is distributed among Briefs & Trunks, Boxers, Vests, Socks and, Hankerchief. Then comes Ethnic wear which has a wide variety of Men’s Kurta & Kurta Sets, Nehru Jackets, Sherwani’s, Ethnic Blazers. The Lounge & sleepwear sections have Lounge shorts, pants and, t-shirts with nights suits and track pants.
Everyone should take time from their busy schedule for self-care. As personal care is hyped for women but it is as important for men too. Myntra has kept this aspect in mind and made an individual section for Men’s personal care and hygiene. It includes grooming, beauty & grooming, fragrances, grooming appliances. In Men’s category bags section has backpacks, laptop bags, wallets.
3. Kids: The Kids category is quite fun to explore because of the tiny and cute products they presents. This category also has many sections of women. This includes Girls clothing & footwear which has Dresses, frocks & jumpsuits, top, t-shirt & Shirts, skirts & shorts, Jeans, trousers & Capris, nightwear, innerwear, winterwear & thermals and, Sports & Activewear. The footwear section has heels, flip-flops, sports shoes, sports sandals and, flats.
Now comes boys clothing and footwear which has t-shirts, shirts, jeans & trousers, shorts & capris, clothing sets, winterwear & thermals, ethnic wear, nightwear, innerwear and, sports & activewear. Their footwear section includes casual shoes, sandals, sports shoes, flip flops, sports shoes.
Kids category also given space for infants, they have rompers & Onesies, clothing sets, top, t-shirts & shirts, bottom wear, dresses & jumpsuits, winterwear & thermals, nightwear and, innerwear. Toys section which has both types of toys for girls and boys.
They have a bags & accessories section too which includes bags & backpacks, trolley bags, hair accessories, watches, sunglasses & frames and, Sports Accessories & Equipment. Unlike the men and women section, the kid’s section has a special category of furnishing & decor with animal and cartoon friendly prints. This category is very cool and interesting it has kids bedsheets & Bedding Sets, blankets & comforters, pillows, cushions & covers, curtains & sheers, towels & bathrobes, mats & rugs, decor and, organisers & storage.
4. Beauty & Personal Care: This category has all products for hygiene, makeup and, grooming. They have divided the section individually for each sex i.e. Women and Men. and there is a section for premium beauty and skin analysers.
The skin analyser is a third party platform run by Revive Oy. Myntra has no rights or ownership on any analysis, advice or recommendations provided on the Revive Platform. One can enter this platform by accepting the term and conditions of this platform.
5. Home & Living: This category also has many sections from decor, a bed to storage organizers. The Decor section has artificial flowers and plants, photo frames, mirrors, wall art, planters, decals and stickers, garden accessories, wall decor, wall shelves, clocks, lamps & lighting, wind chimes, candles, aroma oils and many more.
The Kitchen & Dining sections have dinnerware, cups & mugs, water bottle, serveware, bar accessories, trays, coasters, kitchen storage, cookware & bakeware, kitchen tools. The bed furnishing includes bed sheets, bedding sets, blankets, quilts & dohars, pillow & pillow covers and, bed covers. And the flooring offers carpets, doormats & dhurries and, floor mats.
The brands that come under this category are Home Centre, Spaces, D’decor, Portico New York, Pure Home & Living, Swayam, Raymond Home, Maspar, Corelle, Trident, Cortina, [email protected], Random, Ellementry, ROMEE.
6. Gadgets: Gadgets includes three sections of smart wearables, audio & hearables, mobile accessories. Smart Wearables has smartwatches, fitness bands. Audio & Hearables has headphones and speakers to explore. The mobile accessories have all types of mobile back covers.
7. Plus Size: This is a very special category for plus size people because the size doesn’t matter but fashion matters. It is also divided into 2 sections. One for women and the other for men. That section has the same product variety as of women and men.
8. Theme Store: This is a special designed made category for a particular theme occasion. It has a wide variety of ranges. They have WinterStore which is a combined section of winter wear for kids, women & men. Theme Store has Pujo store for special traditional costumes for all ages and gender.
Other sections in this category are Indian Bazaar Store, Wedding Store Women, Wedding Store Men, Party Store men, Party Store women, Myntra For earth, Myntra Sneaker Club, Made In India Store, Sports Store Men, Sports Store Women, Boardroom Edit Men and Women, Streetwear Men & Women, KoreanBeauty Store, Monsoon Store, Myntra Gifting Store, Premium Store.
9. StyleCast: This category is made for all new, bold and trending clothes and accessories with some exclusive offers. They keep on updating this category every month. The brands they have are Urbanic, H&M and etc.
Right now they have a section of Super ’70s dresses in sweetheart necklines, tulle dresses, waisted dresses, keyboard collar dresses, graduated flare. They have a range of innerwear named cosy core which includes cami sleep sets, printed nightsuits. Indian collection is named Desi Chori which has stylised sarees, kaftans and co-ord sets.